Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Orca whales doing lunch.


It was a privilege to have my camera capture these Orca whales while kayaking in Alaska. It was late morning, and they were herding for salmon  (there were thousands and thousands of salmon). They weren't the slightest bit interested or curious about us. The thrill of being so close and being able to observe them made my heart pound and my stomach flutter. Afterwards I felt exhilerated and had a smile all across my face. I had never been in a kayak before, nor did I know that the water was 600 feet deep and 47 degrees F. I felt secure with the tour guides and tried to nurture the sense of adventure instead of the fear.

2 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing experiece you share with us, just being there in a kayak for the first time and seeing those Orca Whales. Precious. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana,
    Thank you for your kind comments. I have visited your blog and enjoyed it. I will return again as what I've read shows your passion for nature and positivity. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete