Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where does it come from?

AT TIMES I WONDER
where things come from.
I know that we see with our eyes and others see our faces and look into our eyes.

We hear with our ears,
 sometimes the truth and sometimes
 what we want to hear.

We speak with our lips and at times
 we are silent.
Our hearts feel love in both the
giving and receiving.

But I wonder about our thoughts, our minds.
How does information get in and
what keeps it there?
How can it get distorted?
What makes a memory?
In what manner information attach to
thought and reasoning?
How does it decide between love or hate?

Where does the in and out of it happen?
How does this mind of ours work?

7 comments:

  1. This was really great but that picture is pure heaven. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the words and the photo!
    I can comment again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very poetic this, words and picture - and something to ponder about, or meditate. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny that you should ask these questions because lately I've been wondering the same thing. I think that we are all cosmically and psychically linked and that ideas live outside of us and then flow to us and through us. I once heared Deepak Chopra explain that at the cellular level, our entire body recreates itself over and over and over again. Cells die and are reborn, over and over again, so where do the ideas live? - G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a favour to ask of you. If you do find the answers to the questions you've asked please let me know. I know that wisdom comes from God, so does love, but to tell the truth I've often wondered about the very same things but so far have not been able to figure it out. :)><
    May the Lord give you wisdom and lots of love, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your musings are eloquent and though provoking. And that image is stunning. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Geoff. Wisdom comes from God. You write such interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete