Saturday, December 5, 2009

If Door Knockers could speak


I found this wonderful door knocker and was intriqued by it's architecturial interest, it's classic style, it's strength, the bold color of the door, and how it compliments the male figure. There is something quite majestic about him. Not only do I seldom ever see
door knockers that move me, it's unusual to just walk up  to a door and be able to see one this close up, unless you're invited. Door knockers were useful, throughout time, to let you know someone was at the door. But they also told the knocker a bit about who you were, or who you wanted them to believe you were. I would have a hard time settling in on one single door knocker, because on different days I might want to reveal characteristics that portray me accurately for that day. Something bold one day, a more tranquil knocker another day, perhaps a peace dove, or a pineapple, the sign of welcome. Another day, perhaps something more romantic, a heart, a tea cup, two clasped hands. A humorous knocker, with a funny face, or animated character. Or an adventurous looking knocker, a scuba diver, a mountain climber, or a wild and beautiful animal. Then there are days where I might want the knocker to say, please go away, and come back on another day, no guests wanted today, thank you. Don't go away mad, just go away today. What type of door knocker would reveal your personality best? Or the personality of all living in the home collectively? If you come to my home today, you'll  knock on  a dark green door that has a shiny brass, sleek and strong looking knocker, which is part of the beautiful and classic looking condo building that I live in. But when I open the door, you'll be greeted with a warm smile and a sincere hug. I believe that is the best reflection of who lives inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment