Friday, November 20, 2009

When you're HOME


Home. What makes home really home? What is that feeling of taking a deep sigh and feeling relaxed as soon as you walk in the door? That moment when you say "It's good to be home".  Home reflects you. It smells like you, reflects the colors that you like, is comfortable, and everywhere there are things that make you happy. And of course it's very true, that it's not things, but people that make home a safe and happy place to be.  But let's talk about people another time. Do you have a favorite place to go to or sit in when you come home?  A chair, a corner? When you've been gone all day or days, even weeks at a time, what is the
thing that you love to come back too? I like sitting in the dark green chair, puting my feet up and wrapping myself with a very soft and fuzzy blanket that smells like lavendar when you get it close to your nose. It's like being in a cocoon. I enjoy sitting down with a book and reading about people, their life expereinces and how they have grown or changed, especially when they didn't think it was ever going to be possible. I like having a large mug of coffee with a big handle to put 4 fingers through. With lots of flavored cream, mmm . . . vanilla hazelnut. I like music playing in the background, smooth and sultry jazz, maybe a bit of alternative new age, the classics, R&B, a true mix. A sexy sax will get to my spirit everytime. I hope this inspired you to think about home, and how fortunate we are to have a safe and comfortable place to be. May your home embrace you with what makes you feel good in the world.

2 comments:

  1. 'Home. What makes home really home?' Family. Oh and A bright clean space with music, book, conversation, a kitchen, a herb garden complete with rainwater collection system and compost but all this is cake. The family is the part that really makes the home.
    Did I tell you already how much I LOVE your posts for if I didn't I do.
    I Love the way your mind works.
    You have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To "The Romantic query letter and the . . .",

    Thank you for sharing what makes home feel like home to you. The simple things are what we hold dear. I very much appreciate your compliments, I write from my heart. Best wishes on your lovley post and works.

    Katharina

    ReplyDelete