Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mornings and Waking Up Preferences


My photo of a beautiful and proud rooster that loves mornings! He seemed like he enjoyed posing.

Mornings, hmmmm . . . This morning I had to get up early, and since I am NOT an early riser, I tend to be a bit abusive with the snooze button, that is if I even hear the alarm go off. What is it that allows some people to jump out of bed ready to take on the day, refreshed and energized? I, on the other hand love to
wake up slow, cuddling in my warm bed, maybe stretching a bit, looking out the window, getting a cup of coffee and milling around before taking that "wake up and be fresh" shower.
But this morning, like many others, my other half was awake hours before me. He seems to need little sleep. sometimes appearing like he doesn't need any. I feel like Rip Van Winkle at times, wanting to sleep little bit more. There is something to be said about the art of waking up. I was in the foggy part of waking, the part where you're not sleeping, everything is a bit blurry, and the world is starting to become more real with every blink. A few deep breaths and another embrace of my pillow. Then I feel it. A gentle caress of my hair, the warmth of a breath close  and whispering, "Time to get up Darling".  My day was already off to a good start, and I hadn't yet even stepped out of bed. I was still smiling when I grabbed a cup of coffee (that he had made) and was still smiling when I got into the shower. It's the little things that make life good, it's the little things that make us smile. A small pleasure that keeps giving. And this is definitely one of those little make a difference things.

No comments:

Post a Comment