Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Exercise:self vs trainer


How many of you work out on a regular basis? Do you push yourself to limits that are safe and effective, and concentrate on your fitness routine, correctly moving the muscles involved and using good form? Do you even have a routine, or is it one that you have had for years and you go through it mindlessly, with little effort except to say you accomplished your workout already today? I have noticed
exercisers (I use that term loosely) at the gym where I have joined, and others before this one, that don't seem to be doing much of anything, maybe walking around, sitting idly at the machines, or maybe the other extreme, chaotic and getting out of breath and sweaty with fast and eratic movements. I'm sure that they are burning calories, but I do wonder, if they really paid attention, and perhaps used some guidelines set up by a personal trainer, would they be happier with their results? Are you happy with your exercise program? Would people get their desired muscle tone and weight loss, and  look and feel better, if they set their mind to being in the moment of the exercise? And adhering to an educated and proven program instead of self motivation and analysis? I am one of those people that needs to be pushed and needs to be educated in my exercise program, are you that way to? Or can you do it on your own?

 I am hardly an expert on physical fitness, far from it.  I do notice when I have embarked the journey of exercise with a trainer, I get pushed a bit more, and also get better results in a shorter period of time. I look forward to making them see that I can do more, do it better, or am getting results with our concentrated efforts. Hooray for educated, skilled and attentive trainers that enjoy what they are doing. My health requires that I exercise and take care of myself, my mind does like to procrastinate at times, in favor of other activities (like shopping, reading, etc). But I realize the value of being healthy and active. Now, my diet and nutrition aspect needs a bit more work, but hey, one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment